“He was slumped on his bed when I opened the door…I screamed. I told my wife to call 911.
This is part of the heartbreaking story of a father from Des Moines, Iowa, whose son had unknowingly taken Percocet mixed with fentanyl and was killed as a result. The loss suffered by his family is sadly all too common in communities across the country. Last year alone, fentanyl was responsible for 83% of all opioid-related overdoses in Iowa. And now the deadly drug has taken on an unrecognizable form, disguised as candy or prescription drugs. As one man said, people are “cheated to death”.